G. Murray Turner
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
G. Murray Turner is one of Louisville's best known and most successful criminal defense lawyers. He has tried numerous cases in both state and federal court. He is admitted to practice in both Federal Districts in Kentucky. He was admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court in 1978.
G. Murray Turner has been successful in jury trials at both the state and federal level. He once had five aquittals in a row in federal court, U.S. v. Michael Barnes, a Louisville Firefighter trafficking in cocaine, U.S. v. Robert Pierce, a convicted felon with a firearm, U.S. v. Frank Allen and U.S. v. Robert Allen, brothers indicted for mail fraud and U.S. v. Dennis Saling, felon in possession of firearm.
Due to his years of trial experience, Murray was granted senior state by the Kentucky Bar Association.
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- Juris Doctor - 1971
- Murray State University, Murray, Kentucky
- B.S - 1967
- Kentucky, 1971
- U.S. Federal Court, 1971
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- U.S. Tax Court, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1979
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Kappa Alpha
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Justice Association, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Association Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
Current Employment Position